“Social Media is King”, that’s what you hear. Here I am, a digital marketing agency that pushes the importance of social media when marketing your small business. Guess what? You can’t do it without a website. I can’t express this enough. Not just a website, but an actual functioning, updated, responsive (mobile ready) website. Some of you may even be saying this is a no-brainer and of course you need one. I can’t tell you how many times I meet with clients and they want help with marketing their business but their website has not been touched in 2 years.
I wanted to touch on a few reasons why your business needs a functioning, up to date website for your small business.
- Believe it or not, a website is cost effective. The cost that it would take to run ads and billboards to give your business a voice would cost you hand over fist vs. a website. Building a website today is not going to put a dent in your pocket and most platforms are easy enough to keep updated, either on your own or rather inexpensive with a firm. When it’s all said and done, all the efforts and money spent in other areas and not on your site is going to be way more expensive.
- Show off your products and services. What better way to show off your amazing products or your spectacular services than with a beautiful website. This is probably the biggest reason to have a site. A lot of people use their smartphones and tablets today more than ever. Having your site responsive allows your products and services to be viewed much easier.
- Most people want to check you out and troll on you before they make a purchase decision. Your website is going to legitimize you. You want to establish trust with your customers and they will look to your online presence, including and starting with a website.
- It can improve your customer service. Your website allows potential customers or current customers to get more info. They can also ask questions and receive answers from concerns. A website is 24 hours a day in operation. No matter what time of day someone can look you up and gain valuable information on your business without waiting for 9 am on a Monday.
- A website allows you to continue to share content, just like this blog! Your website is going to be a great place to drive traffic to it from your social media platforms. Sharing blogs, updated products, launches of new services, etc can all be done on your website. Then you get to share that content on your social platforms to drive traffic to your site.
So if you’re thinking about starting a business, you need a site. If you already have a business and have not looked at your site in quite a while, now is the time. It’s super easy to update your site and not the expense it once was to do so.
HoM Consulting offers website builds, but we do so because we cannot effectively do our job without a functioning website. We offer website builds FREE when signing on with our Full Digital Marketing Package or we can build you a site for a reasonable price! Don’t wait, summer is a great time to start thinking about this and have it all up and running for the fall and holiday season.